Safety is paramount when burning your candles as an open flame should never be left unattended.
Always burn on a secure, safe, heat resistant top.
Never burn your candle under a shelf or on a book case.
Keep burning candles away from pets
Keep out of reach of children
Never try to trim a burning candle.
Remove any wick trimmings in your candle jar.
Never burn longer than recommended time given.
How long should I burn my candle for?
The general rule of thumb is 1 hour for every inch in diameter for your candle. Our single wick 30cl candles are approximately 3 inches, so the ideal burn time for these is 3 hours.
Our larger, 3 wick candles are 50cl and approximately 4 1/2 inches in diameter so the ideal burn time for these candles is 4 1/2 hours.
This will allow a full melt pool to form and avoid the tunnelling that can occur when your candles have not been given sufficient time to form a full melt layer.
To get the best out of your lovely scented candles, follow these 5 simple steps every time.
1. Place you candle in on a safe surface, away from drafts, children and pets.
2. If needed, trim your wick to approx 6mm.
3. Always allow the top layer of your candle to melt fully! This can take approx 2 1/2 - 3 hours for our 30cl single wick soy candle.
Wax has a memory and blowing it out too soon can lead to tunnelling / memory rings forming. Learn more about those here.
4. Never burn for longer than 4 hours as the glass can overheat.
5. Once cooled, trim the end of your wick before lighting it again. This will ensure an even burn each time and also help to avoid any excess smoke that can occur when the wick is too long.
To find out more, check out our blog section where we have lots of tips on candle and diffuser care.