Did you know that how you care for your candle can determine how long it lasts?
1. First & Following Burn Times
When burning your scented candle for the first time allow the wax to melt all the way to the edge of the jar. This is called a full melt pool and will avoid the tunnelling that often forms in candles, where only part of the wax melts, creating a shorter burn life.
2. Trim the Wick
Before each burn it is essential to ensure you have removed any unnecessary wick. The ideal wick length is approx 1/4 inch (6mm) and it should be trimmed to this level before your first burn and each time thereafter.
This is really easy and can be done simply by carefully cutting the burnt wick off before your light it. Another benefit of trimming the wick is that not only will it ensure an even burn but it will also ensure the candle doesn't start to emit any nasty black smoke that can occur when the wick is too long.
3. Location | Location | Location
Don't place your candle in an area with a draft as this will cause an uneven burn leading to tunnels forming in your candle. Place it on a stable, flat, fire resistant surface.
Extinguish the candle if it repeatedly smokes, flickers or if the flame becomes too high. If this occurs the candle isn't burning properly. Cool, trim the wick and then check for drafts before relighting.
4. Keep it Clean
Before lighting the candle make sure that there is no debris in the wax. Left over wick trimmings or pieces of used matches. Keeping it clean and clear will keep your candles looking like new!
5. Know When to Quit
Never burn the candle for longer than 4 hours at a time or the glass could overheat and crack or burn your fingers.
When the candle wax is down to 1/2 inch please blow it out. The remainder is the metal wick holder and it should not be lit again or can cause the glass to overheat and possibly crack.
Our glass containers have been designed to be reused. You can reuse the glass and it's bamboo lid to store small items, make up brushes or even as a plant holder. Just remove the remaining wax and rinse out with warm, soapy water before re-using.
Always read the safety label on the bottom of the jar.
Never leave a lit candle unattended.
Keep out of reach of children and pets.