Monthly & Seasonal Candle Offers | Subscribe to our Newsletter to enjoy these benefits!
August 05, 2020
I have always had an incredibly sweet tooth and have to try very hard not to consume all the goodies in the house, when we have them! When it comes to chocolate I'm afraid my willpower is no help at all. Because of this, I've learned to buy fewer of the 'naughty' processed, high sugar treats and instead make my own healthier options. if they are not there, I won't eat them and having these handy little health balls in the fridge or freezer is always great.
While I'm no Nigella Lawson I'm happy to try out different recipes and one of my all time favourites ( nd incredibly easy) treats are these protein balls!
I'll make a batch of these most weeks and freeze some and refrigerate the others. The trick for me is to have them handy so that when I feel that need for some chocolate sweetness, these are the perfect solution.
There are many recipes out there, but the one that works for me every time is this simple one which works for me. You can vary it anyway you like with different seeds, toppings and add or leave out protein powder.
1. Begin by blending the nuts and seeds in the food processor, pulsing until they are nicely crushed.
2. Add the chopped medjool dates, desiccated coconut and nut butter.
3. Pulse until it’s fully mixed. Use a spatule to scrape down the sides and blend again for another minute or two until fully ground.
4. Now to make your individual balls. Simply take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into little balls. Continue doing this until the mixture is finished.
5. Coat in any topping you like. Chopped hazelnuts and dessicated coconut are two of our favourite.
6. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
(Note: I often make extra and store in the freezer as my hubby loves them too!)
You can of course vary this recipe to suit your own taste. There are lots of options which include oats, orange peel, chai seeds and much more.
We hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
For similar articles, click here to check out our other blogs.
May 12, 2021
Mental Health is important for everyone. Whether you call it 'mental health' or ‘emotional health’ and well-being .. it is just as important as our physical health. In short, it refers to the thoughts we think and feelings we are experiencing and becoming aware of these so that we can identify when they are not serving or.
March 25, 2021
“Discombobulated” is a word which deserves to be said out loud. It is a brilliant word but what does it mean and is it even a real word?